Thursday, April 10, 2008

April is Here!

I can't believe it's already April - this year is zipping by like nobody's business. I took Nick to a playgroup this morning while Jack was in school, and it was mostly first time mothers with their just-crawling babies. I would have taken pictures, but Nick mostly clung to me and stared at the other kids as if they were aliens. I guess he isn't really socialized with younger kids, just his big brother and the boys on the street. Poor guy.

Last weekend I went to my cousin's wedding in Atlanta. I was gone for 3 nights and the boys missed me a lot. I will be gone for over a week in May, so it was a good test to see how they would handle it. Everyone did great, but when I got home they both needed a little lap time:

Photobucket

They seem to have recovered though, and now it's back to business as usual. Jack is still obsessed with Spiderman:

Photobucket

and Nick is still obsessed with Jack. The nice thing is they are starting to play together and have fun. Right before I took the next photos, Jack was sitting and the computer and he yelled to me "Mom! Come put Nick in my lap!" How can you argue with that? So here they are, my two boys:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Not a lot is going on here - we're taking swimming lessons to gear up for summer, and both boys are doing great. Jack even got a ribbon last week for floating on his back by himself. We're hoping to get to the zoo and the butterfly museum soon, and I'm sure we'll have great pictures of those outings!

No comments: